PRIZES AND RULES
The Hoopathon Rules:
- A contest for the continuous revolution of a hula hoop.
- An age appropriate size and weight hula hoop must be used.
- The hoop must be revolved between the shoulders and hips.
- If the hoop passes above the shoulders the attempt is ended.
- If the hoop passes below the hips the competitor has 30 seconds in which to try to recover it without using his/her hands or arms. If the hoop is not revolving above the hips within 30 seconds the attempt is ended.
- If the hoop passes below the knees and/or touches the ground, the attempt is ended. Even if someone or something else knocks into it.
- Once the hoop has begun to spin the hands of the competitor must not touch the hoop. If the challenger touches the hoop with his/her hands, the attempt is ended.
- Rest breaks of 5 minutes per hour are allowed.
- In the event of a tie, contestants will hoop in the opposite direction in order to declare a winner after 4 hours of hooping.
- In the event of a continued tie,contestants will hoop from a starting point, go around a mark then return to the finish line. All contestants will be times and the shortest time will win.
Visit and like our Facebook page.